Friday 4 July 2014

From Tiny Seeds...


A little while ago I bought two small grain bags, I'm not sure what they were used for.
Did the farmers buy their grain in them?
I love the marks and stains on the fabric and the strong graphic lettering.
So I lined the little bag, made a simple loop fastening and spent a lovely day hand stitching a transfer and embellishments.
It's just the right size for little projects or to hide treasures....
a keep-sake-keep-safe-keeper.
Maybe this is the type of pouch that Jack kept his magic beans in.
Or maybe I just need a restorative cup of tea!
Will start the second one this morning, all in preparation for the festive workshop at Hope and Elvis.




10 comments:

  1. oh you are clever. I love it. Thanks for reminding me that you are back at H&E and I won't be there!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow where did you find those bags they are adorable....I notice your workshop is full too how popular are you these days?? congrats...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only found these two on a vintage stall but I've never seen ones like this before. I was v surprised the workshop filled up like it did! X

      Delete
  3. Hello!

    They are seed bags - the farmer would have bought his seed in them, barley or wheat or whatever.

    I love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Birdie. I hoped some kind soul would let me know x

      Delete
  4. The seed bag has been transformed beautifully. What a clever lady you are. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sujata, it was fab to see you today x

      Delete
  5. What a great use for these little bags!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers Amy, they were great fun to make x

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?