Wednesday 5 October 2016

A Step Back In Time!


A couple of weeks ago we visited the very first Crowle and Ealand 1940's Weekend.
It was an absolutely brilliant event and there was so much going on!
I even bumped into Winston Churchill and wished him a good morning!
Everyone really got into the spirit of it.
I fell in love with Primrose...
Eep! How gorgeous!
There were lots of vintage goodies for sale too...
I do love a tank top!
Hubby had a go on the shooting range...
(he's hiding the less successful shots!)
Just look at my naughty chihuahua having a go at a poor unsuspecting passing dog!
(I hadn't noticed these shenanigans until I saw the photo!)
And look at these dapper chaps...
But someone was just really interested in the cakes!


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful. My mother lives in the village where the D Day landings were plotted - known as the secret village. I shall go to the 40's day next year. Mum recently described how women in the army & navy curled their hair under to lift it above collar length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the ladies styled themselves then, my Nanna looked so glam.
      I love the sound of a secret village xxx

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?