Monday 24 April 2017

Whitby Goth Weekend...

I hope that you had a lovely Easter break.
We had a fab holiday in Whitby, lots of fresh air, gamboling lambs and fish and chips.
One day I will have my palm read...I always chicken out though!
I love the signs on shops like these...
I managed to do a spot of shopping in the gorgeous vintage shops.
And I spotted my favourite giant ice cream signs!
Last Friday was the first day of the Whitby Goth Weekend, Mini Goth was a tad excited!
We had spent quite a few weeks planning the outfit...
Everyone is so friendly and I love seeing their costumes.
Mini Goth was even photographed by the Whitby Gazette!
I loved watching the photographers...
Middie had a costume too, of course!
We finally made it up to the Abbey, where there were more finely dressed Goths to be found.
(Sorry, I can't help but be a very proud Mum!)
Sending you lots of spooky wishes from Whitby X


14 comments:

  1. i love all your blogs Mrs B - mini goth looks fantastic, and i feel especially inspired by the clairvoyant stand. going to do a few drawings of that lettering right now. i always love the phrases and terms that psychics use in their advertising. ill stop waffling now but thank you for the lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment me dear. Isn't it great where you can get inspiration from, I feel v honoured that you have found some here xxx

      Delete
  2. She looks stunning. I adore that outfit. Well done Mini Goth xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you chuck, I feel so proud of her doing her own thing x

      Delete
  3. I really must go to Whitby when the Goth festivals are on ! Mini Goth looks beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shazza, we had such a great time x

      Delete
  4. Love Whitby, and Mini Goth looks absolutely amazing. Did you dress up too? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Curtise, no I've never been much off a Goth. I was an Indie kid (or 'inkies' as me mum called us,) back in the day . I was v proud of my little Mini Goth though! X

      Delete
  5. Mini Goth looks like something from a romantic Victorian novel. She made me think of The French Lieutenant's Woman ( which of course wasn't writtenthen, but you get my drift!)

    The pooch must be Mico Goth I'm guessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! I love that, mini and micro goth!
      Thank you, I love that film and my lass had such a lovely time x

      Delete
  6. I adore Whitby, it's one of my favourite places. Mini Goth looks awesome, and definitely very photogenic! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, once she has her costume on her confidence increases so much, it's lovely to see x

      Delete
  7. Mini Goth looks amazing! I'm not surprised she made it into the newspaper. And what a perfect place to have a Goth Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?