Sunday 14 January 2018

Step Back In Time...


At the end of December we visited the beautiful Leigh-On-Sea.
The air was crisp and the winter low light was moody and clear.




The houses are so picturesque and it really feels like you are stepping back in time.


We also popped into the Leigh Museum And Heritage Centre.


I love museums, especially ones that about social history.
There is a recreation of a Nineteenth Century fisherman's cottage to have a look in.



Just look how gorgeous he is!







Swoon!







That bag would be perfect for my paints...











And to top off a lovely afternoon, we finished off with fish and chips by the sea...

10 comments:

  1. I would love to visit so thanks for showing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure me dear, it was a lovely little place x

      Delete
  2. I like those old living history house museums to visit. Looks like a lovely day out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a lovely virtual day out. It was just my thing, I loved it
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely little bit of nostalgia though as I read this snuggled under my duvet in my cosy comfy bed I can't help but think how thin those mattresses are and how chillsome it must have been on a winters morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it’s beautiful but I thought that too. Life must have been so hard x

      Delete
  5. I love visiting places like this x

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?