Wednesday 23 September 2020

Back In The Studio...

 



Things have been pretty busy around these parts of late, my teaching has started again and I've been organising new bits and bobs for my shop in time for the Christmas run-up (eep!)
But after a while that familiar twitchy feeling creeps up on me and I know that I have to get out the paints and do something that's creative.
I had no plans for this painting but I had primed a panel ready because I knew that I would have to splash some paint around soon or I would go 'pop'!


I really enjoy making little Instagram stories as I paint, which really surprises me because I'm not one for being in front of a camera.
I think that it feels different though because I'm just talking and the camera is pointing at the painting as it develops - it really seems to keep me company as I'm perched on my rickety stool for hours on end!

For the majority of the time this was a definite 'Papa Bear,' but the bear's expression and personality kept shifting all the time (which is another reason why I love Instagram stories so much, because you quickly forget how the painting used to look).

One head scarf later, and she's really a force to be reckoned with - a true Matriarch!


I've still got lots to do, but I have thoroughly enjoyed painting this bear and I'm having such fun experimenting with lots of different media.

Wishing you a very creative week chucks X

PS If you'd like to see some of my (rather rambling) Instagram stories, I've saved them as highlights here.

7 comments:

  1. Great idea - those bears come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarf makes me smile...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you, I was a bit nervous when I first painted it on but Im glad I did x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, wouldn't answer her back that's for sure! I love her. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?