Sunday 14 August 2016

As I Was Going To St. Ives...

Fancy a pootle around one of my favourite towns in the whole wide world?
Don't forget your sun hat!
We'll just pop in for a bit of brekkie!
There's art everywhere!
And giant plastic ice cream cones of course!
Where else would have a Barbara Hepworth sculpture in front of the Tourist Information Centre!
I love the back streets too...
Peeking inside a Cornish Inn...
(it's a bit early for me!)
Wishing I lived in one of those cottages...
Loads of lovely samples to try in here, well, it would be rude not to buy a bar (or three) after partaking!
It's getting a bit hot now!
Time for a bit of sketching...
Up the hill to catch the train!



8 comments:

  1. Oh thank you... the view of the harbour brought back the most amazing memories xxx lovely sketch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there over twenty years ago... time to visit again me thinks. I like your sketches x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It's certainly not lost any of its charm but I think the gulls are bigger!!!! X

      Delete
  3. I was there two days ago I moved to hayle 2 weeks ago on my own on a whim !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing Darcey!
      I love Hayle, it still seems to have a real sense of community as it's just off the tourist path. Such a gorgeous place, best wishes xxx

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?