Wednesday 28 June 2017

Midsummer...

It still amazes me how the seasons can affect my painting and colour palette.
Last week's heat wave and the beautiful bunch of peonies that my Art Foundation students gave me have really influenced the colours I have chosen for 'A Midsummer Painting.'
I never, ever plan what I'm going to paint, and so it's only after I have finished that I can see how my surroundings, or even my emotions at the time, have crept into my work.
And I really enjoyed painting her dress!
Hope you like, she will be included in an online exhibition I'm planning for later in the year.
Fingers crossed for a bit more sunshine soon!

12 comments:

  1. hmmmmmm we had that heat wave too pfffffffffffft !
    (but raining today ! the garden LOVES it !)

    Love that delicate hand with the bird !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my roses are looking better for the rain!!!!! X

      Delete
  2. Oh she is beautiful & I love the little bird. I can see your ladies on a series of book covers... any publishers out there ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo thank you, that would be a dream job!!! X

      Delete
  3. What a summer beauty. I do so love your ladies.XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much chuck, that really means a lot xxx

      Delete
  4. Where has that sunshine gone? I'm blinking freezing!
    Gorgeous artwork, she's a beauty. I love the dress, no wonder you had fun painting it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vix, here's hoping the sun makes an appearance again! X

      Delete
  5. I'm sure I left a comment ! I can see your beautiful ladies illustrating book covers...I'd grab one !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please forgive me my friend, I've had a really busy couple of days so I hadn't yet published my comments. Xxx

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?