A few days ago I started stitching one of my favourite designs, (I don't usually repeat a piece of work but I really love stitching this cheery chappie!)
And no matter how hard you may try, every one emerges with their own personality!
At the end of the day though, I knew it wasn't quite right, but I couldn't put my finger on it.
So, after making a cup of tea, I took a photo of it.
Now, I find this little trick really useful when trying to see with 'fresh eyes'.
So the next day I looked at the photo and realised that my Party Lurcher needed a bit of a nip and tuck as his head was a bit too wide.
I overlaid some scraps of the fabric used for the background, I also liked how the pink showed through a little on the right hand side of the eye brow.
I think that when you have a bit of a struggle, either in painting or stitching (or anything creative,) it can add extra layers and textures...
but cups of tea are needed, lots of cups of tea!
You can see how many layers there are on the back!
Hope you didn't mind me sharing my stitching struggles, but I do enjoy a testing creative challenge,
(and the tea, did I mention the tea!)