Saturday 16 November 2019

A Love Letter To Cornwall...

Cornwall, here's what I love about you so much...


Your heart-breakingly beautiful cottage garden flowers, bought for pennies at the car-boot.
No fancy bouquets from you, just a generous handful of sheer perfection.



Your delicious fish and chips from Newlyn, queuing behind the fishermen at the chippie.
Followed by the most amazing ice cream from legendary Jelberts.
Any flavour you like...
as long as it's vanilla.



That's what I love the most about you Cornwall,
there's no facade or fakery.
You take it or you leave it.


And it's not just your beauty that inspires me to grab my paint brush, it's your gritty strength, your quirky sense of humour and devil-may-care attitude.


Just be sure to put the jam on before the cream though...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?