Saturday 28 September 2013

I Love Hebden Bridge!

We've just spent the most fabulous day in the gloriously arty and laid back Hebden Bridge.
I'm ashamed to say that I've never visited before and now I can't wait to go back!
First stop, 'Lucy And The Caterpillar':

As well as gorgeous and quirky vintage treasures, there is a beautiful in- house collection by Lucy Conroy.
She has a lovely Etsy shop called IAMLUCILLE.
Yes, the Bambi tin came home with me!
Alas and alack, the poodle was a little large to smuggle back though!
http://www.lucyandthecaterpillarboutique.co.uk

After all that pootling and rootling around, it was time for dinner.
Now, a little Italian cafe had been recommended, so off we ventured to Marco's.
You may have noticed in previous posts that pizza is one of my weaknesses and obsessions.
For the paltry sum of a measly fiver I had one of the most delicious pizzas I have ever tasted.

The place was full of kids and noise and laughter and I loved it.
I kept telling Lottie how much the place and the food reminded me of when I visited Italy as a child.
And lo and behold, the chef is from Florence!
I will be back!
But the adventure didn't stop as we were driving out of Hebden Bridge, o no!
I managed to persuade my kindly hubby to drop us off at Walkley Clogs...
These were my faves!
Now that's one big clog!
I couldn't decide which pair I loved the most, so I will be visiting their web site very soon!
http://clogs.co.uk

12 comments:

  1. I had a black toy poodle very reminiscent of that one. Wish I still had her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I know what it's like when you see something from your past...x

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous post!
    Glad I've found you....
    Do pop by and say hello if you have five mins
    Tilly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think i am in love with all those clogs. Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were truly a joy to behold, and not too pricey either! X

      Delete
  4. Oh haven't been back yo Hebden Bridge in ages. Was hoping to get to Yarndale but it wasn't to be :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, another time chuck....and maybe you'll go to Marco's for dinner! X

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of Hebden Bridge! Mind you, I didn't know what a blog was until this year, so it does appear that I've been living in a bit if a bubble! Looks like a wonderful day xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a grand day out! nowt wrong with living in a bubble, I like to leave my glasses off sometimes too and walk around in a haze of happy ignorance!
      X

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?