Sunday 6 December 2015

Christmas at Welbeck...

Last week I visited the Christmas Food and Craft Market at the Welbeck Estate.
The artists,designers and makers also took part in an Open Studios event and the whole place was buzzing with the festive spirit and general jolliness.
Hope and Elvis was my first port of call and the studio looked amazing.
There were beautiful wares for sale including the stunning creations by Miss Daisy Moon, the Hexi-Queen herself, Miss Debs, purveyor of hand curated French treasures and needle- lady extraordinaire, and Miss Louise of Sew Green Fox, 'Head Cub' of the best crafty, stitchy classes for children in the whole land.



I wish I'd taken more photos but there was some shenanigans going on when some passing minstrels came by ... (ahem!)
I also bought this treasure by a young, up and coming artist (I love how you have used the little decoupage pictures from the gift jars that I gave out during my weekend workshops at Hope and Elvis a couple of weeks ago Kitty!)
We then wandered to the Craft Market, the quality of the stalls was fantastic, here is just a tiny sample of the goodies on offer...
Bethany Walker's use of concrete and textiles was stunning.
I also discovered the mixed media work of Helen Hallows, such an inspiration...
And I saw the work of one of my textile heroes, Dionne Swift.
I had seen her work a few years ago at the Knitting and Stitching Show, just before Mrs Bertimus was born, and her fusion of art and textiles definitely inspired me.
It was so wonderful to have a chat with her and see her beautiful work up close.
And then I saw a good friend and another textile hero of mine, none other than Viv of Hens Teeth fame.

Well, I had to treat myself to one of those cuffs didn't I!

It was lovely to have a catch up and a giggle!
If you didn't make it this year then I thoroughly recommend a visit, we left with full stomachs, bags of gifts (for Christmas and for ourselves!) and hearts full of the festive sprit!

8 comments:

  1. sounds delightful and v festive x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hens teeth.... I LOVE Viv's work ! Much envy from me x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some lovely inspiring work here. Thanks for this. Dionne and Viv were already know to me, but Helen Howes is new bad a bit of a revelation I must say! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really pleased you enjoyed the post chuck thanks for popping by xxx

      Delete
  4. One year I will make it! Never managed it so far, for various reasons, but have wanted to go for about 5 years now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too chuck! This was the first year we made it and I was not disappointed!
      Definitely worth a visit next year you would love it x

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?