Monday 22 May 2017

A Day Out In Robin Hood's Bay...


In the Easter holidays we spent a lovely day at Robin Hood's Bay.
We sat out overlooking the sea, armed with sarnies and a flask of tea
( I've just realised that my sentences are rhyming!)
Some of you over in Instagram land may remember me fretting over the rapidly diminishing size of my very favourite pencil....well, out of the blue, Mini Goth remembered that she bought it from Robin Hood's Bay!
As you can see, I stocked up! Yay!
And started sketching straight away!
(I had a little friend with me too!)
Middie also enjoys a good read, she's very cultured indeed!
You don't often see a gargoyle peering at the sea...
or a sheep!
We them had a pootle around the beautiful village,
and I visited my favourite gnomes.
I also happened upon the most beautiful and inspiring shop,
Love those dungarees!
I was fortunate enough to meet the shop's owner, Laura, who knits these beautiful scarves, hats and throws.
They are incredibly soft and the colours are just glorious.
We chatted about how you should follow your dreams and I felt completely inspired.
You could feel the love and care that had gone into every inch of this wonderful place.
So, with a hand full of shiney new pencils and a head full of inspiration, we walked up the hill on our way back home.
Thanks Laura for the lovely chat, and thanks Robin Hood's Bay, you're good for the soul...


6 comments:

  1. I love Robin Hood's Bay. Tea, Toast and Post sounds so cozy. Glad you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just the most relaxing place ever! I also love the fossil shop! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. When our 'bigs' we're very small they used to love scrambling over the rocks and searching the rock pools. They were never quite so keen on the scramble up the hill on the way home though! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that hill is quite a challenge at the end of a busy day! X

      Delete
  4. We are heading there over the summer and I'm looking forward to our first visit. x

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?