Thursday 11 May 2017

Textile Artists Of The Future...

Yesterday I received a lovely message from Jo Schotting, an art teacher from The Holt School in Berkshire.
Her Year Nine students (aged 13 years), have been exploring textiles as an art form in their art class, and they have been looking at my work!
It was such a surprise and I couldn't believe how amazing the students' work is!
What a talented class!
The students were asked to consider the presentation of their sketchbook pages, as well as explore a wide range of materials and haberdashery.
Thank you so much Jo for sending me the photographs and well done to the Year Nine students, your work is stunning!
I hope you enjoyed your project!


12 comments:

  1. The children did an amazing job, thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely spreads - and you are a celebrity!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fab indeed, as for the celebrity part......I'm not sure about that me dear! Tee! Hee! Thank you though, don't think Iall be signing any autographs soon! X

      Delete
  3. These are just delightful, what a wonderful compliment to you. No wonder you are pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't that wonderful! You must feel so chuffed! A big hug for being such an inspiration to young ones......and the rest of us! 👋 Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww Ro, what a lovely thing to say. Thank you very much indeed x

      Delete
  5. It is lovely that your work is inspiring a new generation! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lyn, it really made my day x

      Delete
  6. How wonderful that these talented students have been inspired by your lovely work to create superb artwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it when I was sent the photos. Such talented students! X

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?