Saturday 4 April 2020

Indoors...


Yesterday I had a wobbly moment.

I have managed to avoid thinking about things too much recently by keeping busy, but I guess it's only natural that this strategy can only work for so long.
What really helped me was to look around my home and think about all the things that I am grateful for.
I haven't got any expensive furniture or belongings, but everything here is connected to a person or a memory and so to me they are priceless.
It helped to walk around with my camera, looking at the things I walk past everyday with fresh eyes.

If you're feeling the same, perhaps doing this might help you too.



This sausage dog is one of my favourite car boot finds (50p!)



I never realised how many old toys lived in my house, I think I'm a tad sentimental!



I'm not sure what these yellow flowers are called, but I love them, and they were from the remains of a bouquet a friend sent to me.
The vase and little pinch pot were also made by my friends.


The light is made from cable ties and I bought it many moons ago from Habitat and I found the Tretchikoff picture in a charity shop for £5!
I remember that my poor Dad had to carry it around all day and he was so embarrassed! 

I think that books and plants make a happy home (well, they do for me!)




I loves my little orange record player I do!

I had collected LPs (especially ones from the '80's) from charity shops and car boots for many years before I even bought the record player!


These toys were given to me from a friend, they understand my taste in treasures!

(It's okay because I had a word with Miss Dolly, and said that I didn't mind if she came to life at night as long as she didn't stomp around or leave the milk out of the fridge!!!!!!!!!!)

Sending you all my very best wishes and love.
X

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. So glad that I'm not the only one to appreciate little treasures. Elderly teddies offer great comfort wwen cuddled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do indeed, I often find myself having a little chat when I dust my ornaments!!!!! x

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?