Friday 13 May 2016

Necessity Is The Mother Of All Invention...


A couple of weeks ago, the hubby and I had a couple of hours to kill while Mini Goth was at a pizza-party.
We decided to go to Frankie and Bennys' as a bit of a treat.
As we sat at the bar to wait for a table I suddenly realised that I didn't have my trusty sketchbook or any stitching in my bag.
Now, I'm not good at just sitting down without something to do, and I started to panic a little.
(I know this sounds incredibly anti- social but the hubby is very used to this!)
All I could find was a biro and a few dog-eared Post- Its at the bottom of my bag.
What I really enjoyed about this was that as I moved table I could start another sketch and just join it all together.
The angles and viewpoints really don't make any sense at all but it was really good fun!
In fact, it's given me an idea for my poor, long suffering students next year!

4 comments:

  1. I'm the same, I don't like to leave the house without some sewing or a notebook. The restriction of the post-its has given the sketch a unique view that you wouldn't have gotten with a regular piece of paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Loyise, I really enjoyed the challenge! X

      Delete
  2. Love it! What a fab idea! And you could scale it up!

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?