Sunday 13 November 2016

Lonely Hares and Country Ladies...



Thank you for coming along to this preview of my little online exhibition.
Fancy a glass of bubbly and some pineapple on a stick?

I thought that you might like to have a look at the paintings and read the stories about them, before the paintings are available for sale on my Etsy shop on Wednesday morning.

I've painted these six pictures especially for this exhibition over the last couple of months.
I've never tried such a venture before but it's been really enjoyable.





And He Told Her All The Answers To Her Questions In his Song.
Acrylic paint and mixed media on plywood panel.

'There once was a girl who wanted to know all about the big, wide world.
 But she never travelled afar.
 So when it was twilight she asked the black bird.
 And he told her all the answers to her questions in his song.'



Backlit Hare.
Acrylic paint and mixed media on plywood panel.

'When the British summer time paints the fields an eye-scorching mustard yellow, the quieter hares who usually frequent the shadier edges, creep out into the joyous sea of colour.
Their shadows are darker and deeper in there.' 





Take Me To The Bright Lights.
Acrylic paint and mixed media on canvas.

'Take me to the bright lights.
 Somewhere far away.
 Where neon light casts its magic spell,
 turning day into night and night into day.'




The Queen Of The Blackbirds.
Acrylic paint and mixed media on canvas.

'Some folk mocked her because she didn't choose the plumes of the peacock or the pheasant.
She did not care, as there was one bird who was the wisest and most sage of all.
She was the Queen of the Blackbirds.'



The Queen Of The Harvest.
Acrylic paint and mixed media on plywood panel.

'Every Autumn the villagers would celebrate with a grand Harvest Festival.
There would be dancing, drinking and feasting.
At the beginning of the celebrations the same beautiful young maiden would be crowned The Queen Of The Harvest.
She had the sweetest singing voice, was the most graceful of dancers and relished every minute of the festivities.
But, as all the villagers knew, when the Festival ended, she would disappear until the following year.'



Pink Moon Hare.
Acrylic paint and mixed media on canvas.

'This is a magical country hare, whose ethereal rose-tinted coat can only be seen on the night of the pink moon.
The tiny ring of moonlight around his eye is the only sign of his mysterious powers.'

(I do hope that you've enjoyed this preview, I don't always share the stories that accompany my paintings, but we've known each other long enough now haven't we!)

x

9 comments:

  1. Oh I do love Hares. Always feel so privelidged when i see one.They are my favourite of your paintings here.I've mentioned your post about Whitby on my latest Links and Likes post.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all wonderful, and the stories are so magical! I especially love the first one, and the Queen of the Harvest. Oh, and the Backlit Hare. Just brilliant! I've noticed a lot of artists doing these kind of pop-up sales, which does add to the fun and excitement. Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a little nibble on your tasty snacks and sipping something a little fizzy as I look around your exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend, thanks so much for coming along x

      Delete
  4. Sumptuous paintings and wonderful stories - love that you share with us - loving the Backlit Hare And He Told Her All The Answers To Her Questions In his Song. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Leanne, this means such a lot x

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the bubbly & nibbles. I am rather partial to blackbirds and their songs. Wonderful exhibition thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you me dear, so glad you could come along! Xxx

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?