Wednesday 13 February 2019

Getting Lost...



 A couple of weeks ago I found myself in Birmingham with a few hours to kill.
I'd never visited before and didn't have a clue where I was.
I can't remember the last time I'd had the luxury of an agenda-free afternoon,
and so I decided to get lost.
'Getting lost' was one of my favourite things when I was an art student in London all those hundreds of years ago, and this felt like a real adventure.
I found myself in China Town, and she was certainly looking her best, de-decked and be-jewelled for the Chinese New Year celebrations...


I couldn't resist popping into a Chinese supermarket.


I loved looking at the food, not having a clue what it was...




and just look at the fab packaging!


 I also stumbled upon the huge Bull Ring Shopping Centre and found this impressive chap covered in jelly beans!



And as the sun set, China Town became even more beautiful...

I think I will have to schedule in a little bit more 'getting lost' time, as it certainly gets you out of the day-to-day routine that so easily sets in.
Hope you enjoyed our little adventure!
X





6 comments:

  1. HA ! tourist at home !! ;-)

    (didn't know you were thát much older than me .... ?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love dit in Birmingham......we're both 21 aren't we! xxx

      Delete
  2. I have never been there, looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get chance to see the Leonardo sketches and Too cute at BMAG?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I didn't know about that! It's certainly a buzzing city x

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?