Saturday 22 June 2013

Mixed Media Workshop!

 www.thesteelrooms.com
Had a fab time today at The Steel Rooms, teaching a mixed media workshop to a very creative group of arty folks.
Firstly we discussed about how it can be tricky to start a piece of work, and how building some sort of imaginary narrative can help to kick start your imagination.
This is how I love to work, with the bits of frippery that you pick up on your travels suggesting ideas.
We experimented with transfer techniques and began to build up layers:

You can almost hear the concentration!
Here's my little demo piece...I think I'll work on that at home, she seems to be a bit of a character!
Here's 'contemplation corner', for when inspiration (or chocolate consumption) is required!
Is that chocolate I spy?
Surely not!
Everyone worked incredibly hard and it's amazing to see how different everyone's work was.
Pat, Chris, Liz and Julie, you done me proud!

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous style of art you teach! And you have talented students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Patty, I was really proud of them all.
    We laughed hard and worked hard!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take one of your classes. It would probably take my art journaling to the next level!

      Delete
  3. Not so sure about that Patty, but we do have a good laugh and eat lots of chocolate!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU ARE TRULY A SUPER STAR XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not so sure about that Jane, but you are most kind indeed!
    X

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?