Saturday 7 November 2015

Mother Tongue...


Sometimes journaling can catch you quite unawares.
You think you're just playing around,
but when you look at it later
it tells you what has been in the back of your mind.
I've been experimenting for a few weeks now with printing, and this was made from the scrips and scraps that were left over.
But that morning had been a little tricky and being 'mother' had been a little difficult.
I am very lucky as I don't have to face such a problem very often, but it's all part of the job isn't it.
I think this is telling me that even when you sometimes have to use harsh words, they are always said with love.
Journals are funny things.

14 comments:

  1. They realise that when they have children of their own... I still remember the only time my mother slapped my face God know what I'd said. Really love this drawing. Hope you have a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're having a fab weekend too.
      Yes, being a mum is a funny old job sometimes..... X

      Delete
  2. Very cool journal pages, and yes, journals have a funny way of saying what's in the back of your mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanna, journals never cease to amaze me x

      Delete
  3. The page is bouncing and I am devouring every element, happy sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely, lovely thing to say, I was in two minds about posting about this page so that means a lot xxx

      Delete
  4. This is wonderful - a moment in time caught in art, dark and a bit fierce, yet somehow I do see a tinge of gentleness in there, perhaps in her eyes...but I definitely think it speaks to all of us mothers, who must turn to the dark side on certain days! Cxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie, it's good to know other mums understand too. That's why I love this little group of friends we've all made together x

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?