Thursday 1 January 2015

Taking Liberties...


Ever since the series about the gorgeous Liberty Store in London has been on Channel 4, my Mini Goth has asked if we could go and visit.
I used to love mooching around when I was a student and I was more than happy to oblige.
So we hopped on a train!
Lottie was all packed and ready for an adventure!
I think she looks very 'city', don't you?
A very excited selfie!
The Christmas display was even more wonderful in the flesh!
I also discovered that my daughter has expensive taste!
Obligatory arty shots...
Two little pixies!
If only...
We shared some macaroons...
An inadvertent selfie!
They said in the programme that this would be in the sale....and it was!
More expensive taste indications!
We stopped for dinner and then went back!
We covered EVERY department!
(M-G was on a mission!)
The famous 'Nancy's Nails'!
A very strange selfie involving mirrors and me wearing the most expensive pair of sun glasses I had ever seen...sigh!
I loved these old fair ground signs that were for sale.
We even met Shukla, I wanted to curtsey.
She was fab, it really made our day.
( We hunted high and low for Omar but to no avail...)
It was quite sad to see these fellows in the sale...
The tailor's dummy of my dreams...
There are signs that my button obsession has been passed to the next generation!
Phew! If you've made it to the bottom then you deserve a cup of tea.
Sorry for the photo overload!
I'll show you my snaps of Covent Garden next time we meet up!

12 comments:

  1. Happy New year to you and your family xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a nostalgic tour... it's easy to see your daughter really enjoyed it. Isn't it amazing how that program has made them all seem familiar to us? if I saw one of them I'd have to stop myself from saying hi like they are an old friend. You couldn't buy that kind of advertising. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see Liberty, the TV programme and the store. Actually, I'd like to travel back in time and visit Liberty in 1890!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the sunglass Glam shot! Your husband is so lucky to have two such gorgeous girls in his life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your day out, Mrs B. Looks like you had a fabulous time. It's so lovely that mini Goth shares your button love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. all can I just say a big thank you to you all for such lovely comments.
    I had a wonderful day that I will always treasure and your comments have made it even more special to me x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos. I'm hoping I can watch this series on Catch Up as I've missed it. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic day! A special trip to London like that is always memorable, but your first trip to Liberties is a right of passage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year dear to you and your family. You do look very glamorous with those sun glasses and Lottie is so cute. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for dropping by chucks!
    I felt very honoured to take Lottie to Liberty for the first time x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous trip. You both looked very city! Especially you in your dark glasses. I should take my girls on a trip alone, always go with dad which means no shops for eldest. I promised Carnaby St, and markets. Think she'd like poshe shops too. Youngest not a shopper. X

    ReplyDelete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?