Sunday 3 March 2019

The Suffragette:


I really enjoyed stitching this piece as I really didn't have a clue what it would be about when I started.
I began by stitching a face without a drawing to refer to and it took me quite a while to work out who she was.
As soon as her eyes appeared I knew she was one determined woman!


It certainly isn't the most efficient way to work, but sometimes not having a plan can lead to quite unexpected results (and quite a lot of unpicking!)


I hope you like her.
Wishing you a very creative weekend.
X

6 comments:

  1. I do like her. I like the determination in her face. You’ve captured the right look wonderfully well
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I really enjoyed stitching her x

      Delete
  2. She's lovely and very timely as today is International Womens Day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that must have been in the back of my mind as I started stitching! x

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?